Sunday 17 June 2012

Module 5

This module taught me how to use three Web 2 programs; Bubbl.us, Prezi and Glogster.

I have heard about Bubbl.us via an email earlier this year but had not explored it. I had seen the use of Prezi three years ago in 2009 but had not used it myself.

I had never heard of Glogster before this course, so it was interesting to explore.

I watched the video on how to use Bubbl.us and then proceeded to make some mind maps.
I made two Bubbl.us mind maps, one for my Glogster (with the Web 2 mind map) and one that can be used with my Year 8 class. They are exploring three different cultures and foods associated with the cultures.

The mind map can be projected onto the screen via the computer. Students can see then and discuss the ideas that have been generated.

I learnt how to make a Prezi as well. The Prezi link that I have provided is about Web 2. You can click on the link and view the Prezi. It took me a while to learn how to do it.

Prezi can be used in my class when students present their work on the three cultures that they explore. They can include pictures of the foods and also insert a video into this as well.
I took a screen shot of a picture I thought would be good to add to the Prezi. It depicts what Web 2 is about as it encompasses all people to share and collaborate.
  
 Here is the link to my Web 2 Prezi. Please click on http://prezi.com/_lk42nf0ljfl/web-2/ 
 
I also learnt about Glogster and joined Glogster using the teacher's account for free. I made my own Glog on Web 2.
It took me a while to learn how to do it. I watched the videos on the Web 2 course but found the one below extremely helpful. I found this video myself and took a screen shot of it.

I am happy that I spent time to learn the three Web 2 programs mentioned and can now use them in my classes. Below is the link to the Glogster You Tube video that helped me the most.

I can use Glogster in the classroom by getting students to make their own Glog on Healthy Eating. They can then insert their own video that they have created.
All students in Year 8 make a digital video using iMovie, i Stop Motion or Web 2 applications such as Go Animate and Xtra Normal.
Having Glogster as a poster page where the students can add a short blurb about their movie and promote their movie using Glogster's many options for fonts and colours makes sharing the information much more interesting. Also students can share their link with other students as well.

Below is a screen shot of my Glogster page. You can see it by going to this link:


Below are the Bubbl.us mind maps that I made.
 Above: Web 2 Mind map using Bubbl.us


Above: Countries and Foods mind map using Bubbl.us

1 comment:

  1. Hello Judy,
    Thanks for using Glogsted EDU. We are really glad you like it and we hope you will continue using it together with your students.

    Glogster EDU Team

    ReplyDelete